Social service providers that serve Campbell residents are encouraged to apply for Social Service Sub-Grant funding for the FY 2018 and FY 2019 budget cycles. The deadline to submit applications for consideration by the Civic Improvement Commission is Tuesday, January 31, 2017. Applications can be submitted either electronically, by mail or in person to the City Manager’s Office by the deadline. E-mail completed electronic applications to Michael Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not wish to submit an electronic copy, please submit a completed hard copy application to the City Manager’s Office in person or by mail by 5:00 PM on January 31, 2017:
Attn: Michael Thomas
City of Campbell
70 N. First Street
Campbell, CA 95008
Overview The Civic Improvement Commission (CIC) is the lead advisory body to the City Council on social services. Specifically, the CIC is responsible for making recommendations to the City Council on allocating the City’s social service sub-grant funds to qualified social service agencies via a competitive application process.
The CIC reviews sub-grant requests, holds public hearings, and makes funding recommendations to the City Council. The City Council, in turn, provides authorization for social service sub-grant allocations in the two-year budget cycle approval process.
• The Civic Improvement Commission discourages applications from agencies whose programs are available to only specific ethnic groups or serve only clients of a particular national origin.
• The Civic Improvement Commission generally does not recommend new funding for agencies whose programs are duplicative of currently funded programs.
• Preference will be given to programs that meet the needs of Campbell residents and which are not already being provided by the City through an existing program or service.
Social Service Sub-Grant Timeline
• Application deadline: January 31
• CIC review of applications in study session: February 9 and March 9, 2017
• CIC holds public hearings: March 9 and April 13, 2017